Our client, a large utilities company has an exciting opportunity for an experienced MI Developer to join their team based in Durham for an initial 3 month contract
The Management Information Team has responsibility for the development, maintenance, integration, data governance and reporting of the clients Customer Services business systems and processes.
As the data developer, you will be responsible for building, implementing and supporting MI solutions. You will need to possess experience in all stages of MI project work (requirements and logical design, physical design, implementation, testing and deployment). The Data Developer should be able to demonstrate examples of MI implementation methodologies and will have had in-depth experience with the Microsoft BI Stack (SSIS, SSRS and SSAS).
Skills and experience
You should understand and have expertise in the various technologies needed to implement Microsoft MI solutions. You must have experience with the Microsoft BI stack and exposure to other technologies is a plus (SAP BW, SAP Business Objects, Qlickview etc.).
Specific technical skills include:
- Relational Database and SQL Language
- Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) (Microsoft SSIS)
- Data Warehouse / Solution Design
- Dimensional Modelling (Kimball Methodology)
- Analytics / OLAP Cube Development (Microsoft SSAS)
- Report Development (Microsoft SSRS)
- Visual Basic Other Requirements include:
- BA/BS degree in computer science, information technology, engineering or related field
- Business Intelligence experience
- Database design or integration experience with SQL Server databases
- Knowledge of project management methodologies and best practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills