Mechanical Technician - Hawk
3 Month Contract
Holyhead - RAF Valley
Babcock invites applications for Mechanical Technicians to be part of the Hawk IOS contract at RAF Valley
The Contract is responsible for the provision of First and Second line support for the Hawk aircraft
The successful candidates will report to the Majors Mods Senior Supervisor and will be part of the team supporting the Majors Mods Programme at RAF Valley.
The position requires the individual to have good trade knowledge preferably with fast jet experience at first and second line and a good knowledge of the Hawk airframe systems.
The ideal candidate will have the following competencies and experience.
Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Minimum Grade B2T within the Company.
- Ideally should possess 2 years working knowledge and experience of military fast jet armed operations.
- Knowledge of Quality, Safety and Environmental management systems.
- Knowledge of RAF engineering policy documentation and organization.
- Able to demonstrate a working knowledge of Hawk aircraft systems and components.
- Should possess sound fault finding skills
- Demonstrate a good understanding of trade based maintenance practices.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of aircraft documentation and trade based Aircraft Publications.
- Able to achieve task objectives and deadlines
- Enthusiastic disciplined team player
- Flexible and motivated and able to work on own initiative when required.