Mechanical Maintenance Engineer (With L8/Legionella Awareness Training)
Up to £33,000 per annum
Full time, Permanent
Excellent Benefits Package
My client, a FTSE 100 Engineering Support Services Organisation who provide a reliable and responsive integrated Facilities Management service are currently recruiting a Maintenance Engineer to be based at a Military Engineering School.
The Multi Skilled Engineer reporting to the M&E Supervisor will be required to undertake pre-planned and reactive maintenance. You will need to be capable of working alone or as part of the Mechanical Team in the day to day activities, which would be Plumbing Biased.
- Carry out pre-planned maintenance, reactive maintenance and other chargeable repairs and new works on equipment in a wide variety of MoD buildings.
- Reactive maintenance on water systems to make safe and effective repairs to approved standards.
- Deal with emergency call-outs.
- Ensure compliance with the Company's Quality, Environment, Health and Safety procedures.
- Provide Legionella risk assessments in accordance with ACoPs HSG 274.
- A good knowledge of Approved Code of Practice L8 HSG 274.
- Apprentice or service trained and qualified within a recognised body (City and Guilds, NVQ).
- COSHH aware.
- An in-depth awareness of Health & Safety with a suitable qualification such as IOSH Working Safely.
- Knowledge of MoD procedures
- Formal H&S training (e.g. working at height, risk assessment, manual handling etc.)
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leading organisation and progress your career in an interesting environment. If you are looking for your next opportunity, please either apply online or contact Beshley Isaacs on 0117 9309 723 or at .