Working for one of the UK's leading engineering support services organisation we wish to appoint a Mechanical Inspector based onsite in Oxfordshire.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge of mechanical engineering and inspection and hold the relevant qualification / be time served. This role may suit a mechanical fitter.
The Mechanical Inspector will provide independent inspection to projects and contracts for equipment delivered to our customers. The Inspector will undertake specific activities on behalf of the Assurance function as required.
- Arranging and carrying out Inspection assignments, including liaison with Customers Inspection personnel.
- Carry out risk assessment prior to inspection assignments taking place.
- Inspection of actual equipment.
- Witnessing of specific tasks; NDE (Non Destructive Environment), functional testing etc.
- Review and endorsement of supporting documentation throughout the life cycle of the contract; e.g. NDE reports, weld schedules, Electrical Controls & Instrumentation test documentation.
- Timely reporting of inspection assignments.
- Final release of procured items.
- Carrying out supplier assessments.
- Developing and maintaining excellent relationships with both internal and external Customers.
- Supporting the project on closing out and reporting any product quality non-conformances / issues.
- Liaison with project subcontractors and suppliers to ensure that the quality and specification requirements are understood.
- Ideally be qualified/ time served to a HNC or equivalent in mechanical engineering / inspection
- Able to read isometric drawings, tolerances and write reports
- Good working knowledge of manufacturing techniques and processes
- Have experience preferably gained within a highly regulated industry in the following areas: Fabrication and welding techniques, NDT techniques, Electrical assembly and testing, Reviewing material certification
- Excellent opportunities for career progression
- 25 days holidays + Bank holidays
- Flexible benefits package (Critical Illness Insurance / Personal Accident Insurance / Travel Insurance / Dental Insurance / Childcare Vouchers / Cycle to work scheme)