Mechanical Engineer - Holmes Chapel - 4 months
These positions involve shift patterns and are available for day shifts and night shifts, rate dependant on which.
Main purpose of job
- To provide a professional engineering mechanical technician service, specifically to dismantle and reassemble mechanical components from a pharmaceutical filling machine.
- To maintain equipment in accordance with the planned schedules and adhering to site and corporate safety standards (additionally identifying parts, further interventions and recommending changes to schedules as required).
- To undertake technical interventions within a clean room environment, ensuring compliance to schedule, documentation, safety and cGMP.
- Works with minimum guidance, alone or as part of a multi-disciplinary team, as necessary.
- Receives direction from line manager on Maintenance and Engineering standards, compliance and shutdown organisation.
- Can work in various environmental conditions e.g. clean rooms, roof space, plant rooms etc.
- In case of emergency can be called to work in other areas of site as directed by supervision within the limit of the individual's engineering skills and knowledge
- Required to communicate regularly with manufacturing engineers, equipment & packaging manufacturers, spares suppliers, line operators and Site Engineering.
- Comply with site systems through the frequent use of and full understanding of engineering systems such as drawing management system, maintenance computer system and controlled site documentation (SOP's and RS's)
- Maintain familiarity with pharmaceutical systems such as change control, validation and EHS procedures to ensure compliance with company and industry requirements.
- Completion of cGMP documentation (e.g log books, cleaning records) as required.
Dimensions and limits of authority
- Organises own workload by reference to site systems.
- Liaises with equipment owners to agree work schedule and priorities.
- Arranges own tools, spare parts, contribute to permit-to-work, risk assessments and other documentation as necessary to undertake required tasks.
- Facilitates changes to equipment or maintenance work instructions and maintenance appraisals where necessary to make improvements.
- Has the ability to stop production due to engineering issues.
- 2 yrs experience post apprenticeship in an engineering environment within the pharmaceutical or related industry
- High degree of 'troubleshooting' skills combined with the ability to make decisions and operate with minimum supervision.
- Strong team player with open communication style
- Familiarity with PC based systems (e.g. Maximo)
- High level of health & safety awareness within their environment.
- Nationally recognised Apprenticeship, or qualifications equivalent to a minimum of NVQ level 3 in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Maintenance.
- Computer literacy for site systems
If you are interested in this position please submit your CV for consideration or call Slaine Kelly for more information