Mechanical Engineer CTC
Location: Dungeness Power Station
Rate: £26.91-£28.42 PAYE
To ensure that during construction activities, the regulatory and statutory requirements are complied with and to ensure the design and safety intent is met in construction. An Engineer shall ensure all engineering planning and ensure that safe systems of work are in place to undertake packages of work.
Academic Requirements Experience requirements
* Level 6 qualification ( e.g. Degree) in appropriate Engineering discipline (preferred).
* Membership of an appropriate Engineering Institution (i.e. CEng) (preferred).
* IOSH Managing Safely. * Commensurate experience over a range of engineering topics or commensurate construction management experience. Experience should include all phases of a complex, multi-discipline project, in a regulated environment (preferably nuclear).
* Level 4 or 5 Qualification (e.g. HNC/HND) in an appropriate Engineering discipline where augmented with specific experience.
* Membership of an appropriate Engineering Institution in applicable discipline (i.e. I.Eng) (preferred).
* IOSH Managing Safely. * Commensurate experience in a range of engineering topics or commensurate experience in construction management, covering a range of engineering topics, on all phases of a complex, multi-discipline project, in a regulated environment (preferably nuclear).
Principal Tasks and Responsibilities
* Assist the Site Manager and PM with works planning.
* Senior Engineers will delegate packages to and be responsible for Engineers when applicable
* Review of designs to plan installation works.
* Carry out Risk Assessments.
* Write method statements and quality plans.
* Manage the approval of work packages.
* Brief working parties (inc. Subcontractors).
* Ensure and drive progress, quality and safety during works.
* Manage inspections during works.
* Close out work packages.
* Any other task/duties, commensurate with the Role Holder's competency, as directed by the Line Manager.
These duties are project specific and in addition to those described in the Company and project manuals and procedures. He/she shall ensure familiarity with these documents and any legislation to which they refer.