Mechanical Design Engineer
My Client a leading Engineering Services company based in Leicester are urgently seeking an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer to join their team for a minimum of 12 months.
Mechanical Designer required to create high quality accurate engineering drawings, calculations and associated documentation along with providing comprehensive assistance to all users of this output.
- To ensure your own safety and the safety of others at all times.
- To Proactively report unsafe conditions, unsafe acts and near misses and to become part of the extra ordinary safety culture and help promote the "Home Safe Everyday" campaign.
- To present and behave in a professional manner at all times.
- To be supportive and respectful to others at all times. To contribute to a continuous improvement culture.
- To carry out Continual Professional Development (CPD) as necessary to maintain and enhance your competence.
- To Establish and maintain good communications (written and oral) with others at all times.
- Fully understand, take ownership and deliver the scope of work that is being assigned within the budget and time that is allocated to tasks, and in accordance with the company's quality management requirements.
Job Description / Person Specification
- Mechanical Designer Identify all risks associated with the planned activities and immediately advise the lead engineer of any issues that could impact the project Liaise with all necessary interfaces (e.g. other project team members) to ensure that all required information for the task has been received and to immediately highlight any deficiencies.
- Provide accurate progress reports including estimates to complete on a regular basis. Generation of complex conveyor layouts (showing basic level of detail) at feasibility/concept design stage.
- Development of the selected concept layout with increased level of detail, taking into account building constraints, maintenance, access, etc… Generation of manufacturing and installation drawings as followed; Conveyor line arrangement drawings and part list. Maintenance platforming, crossovers, lifting beams.
- Preparation of phasing drawings indicating the sequence of installation. Site Surveys in support to the above activities.
- Liaison at all levels with customers and contractors Preparation of 'machine' level details and sub-assemblies in support of our ongoing development of standard baggage system products.
- Monitor and report progress against the agreed programme. Provide estimates to complete (ETCs) for all remaining allocated activities.
- Identify to the Lead Engineer any variation to the agreed scope of work. Ensure that all related processes and procedures particularly with regards to the review and issue of engineering output are followed.
Please apply accordingly or call Nikita on 0117 9309 724