Mechanical CAD Design Engineer
A successful FTSE 100 engineering support services organisation is looking to take on a Mechanical CAD Design Engineer to create high quality accurate engineering drawings, calculations and associated documentation along with providing comprehensive assistance to all users of this output.
You will be guided by the Senior Mechanical Engineer in order to produce high quality 3D drawings using Auto CAD 2D and Autodesk 3D Inventor.
The projects are varied but will all be focused on baggage handling systems. Occasionally, the equipment will need to be designed in existing spaces which will involve working around various building obstacles, so the successful candidate will need to have a good spatial awareness.
There may require travel to other sites in order to complete site surveys and to measure existing systems
- Excellent knowledge and use of Auto CAD 2D and Autodesk 3D Inventor (will consider Solid Works)
- Right behavioural - driven, organised, enthusiastic, proactive individual
- High attention to detail - very work proud
- Background in conveyors (food/ pharmaceutical/ material handling - not bespoke machine background)
- Experience in BIM (building information modeling / modeling management etc)
- Relevant qualification (City and Guilds/ HNC/ NVQ etc)
- Material handling based background is preferred
- Spatial awareness when designing
Salary: £28,000 - £35,000
Hours: 37 hours, Mon-Fri
Security: Must be eligible for to gain clearance
Start Date: ASAP
*THE ROLE CLOSES ON THURSDAY 1st DECEMBER*
If you feel like you possess the skills and knowledge of a Mechanical CAD Design Engineer
(Systems), then please apply to this job to discuss how we can accelerate your career.
Call on 01179 309 732 or send your CV