Mathematician / Game Designer - Permanent - Manchester
A Mathematician / Games Designer are required to join a multinational gaming company based in Manchester. As a mathematician or probability expert you will be required to create the math models behind casino slot machines. The role presents the opportunity to develop into a game designer or producer for those games. This role would be ideal for a Mathematics/Statistics graduate who has a keen interest or work experience within the gaming industry.
- Create robust and auditable math models for the games targeted for markets, delivering data to the game developers and support documentation to external test/approval laboratories.
- Models are created in a variety of methods, including Excel and various sophisticated proprietary tools from the global studios.
Where necessary, simulations of specific game features are created to supplement the theoretical calculation.
- Work with the game producer and team to create the optimal game play profile to ensure player appeal.
- Review games as they are implemented to ensure that they reflect the correct math model.
Critique games from competitors and other studios to help select the most appropriate games for our markets.
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics or Statistics (or equivalent experience) needs to have a strong understanding and experience of probability theory.
- An advanced user of MS Excel, comfortable creating and adapting large and complex spread sheets.
- Typically has 2 - 5 years of commercial experience using maths and excel in a professional context.
- Programming skills to create or adapt simulation programs in a variety of languages - Pyton, C#, C++ etc
- Knowledge of gaming products is not essential but clearly an advantage
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving abilities to solve a variety of problems in an accurate and timely manner.
- Must be self-directed and able to work independently as well as part of a dynamic team in a fast-paced environment in order to meet multiple deadlines.
- Solid interpersonal skills in dealing with individuals from a variety of disciplines.
- Must be able to travel as needed
For further information please send your CV now or call Sara Bradshaw on or 0161 9243958