Market Data Platform Engineer - (VELA Wombat Feed handler)
6 Month Contract
Shifts - 6.30am - 2.30pm or 10am - 6pm (Will also be some on call requirements when needed)
Negotiable Rates (looking around £450 - £550 p/d)
Market Data Engineer required to work in the Market Data Platforms team which manages the TREP and Vela platforms as part of a Customer Managed Service. The role covers both support and engineering functions and operates a shift pattern covering core European business hours 6.30 am - 6pm. There will be project work alongside the on-boarding of new Apps to the platforms which includes exchange upgrades, liaison with Development groups, weekend release work. There is also an on-call rota which runs on a weekly basis.
Roles and Responsibilities
- First, second & third line support for the Customer's Global market data platforms.
- Part of a team that will help architect the growth of our clients' high availability, market data platforms and exchange connectivity network across multiple global regions.
- Client, Exchange & 3rd party relationship management.
- Full ownership of issues and projects.
- Co-ordinate and carry out systems and user testing, including preparation of test plans where necessary.
- Keep abreast of regulatory and exchange changes that affect client environment.
- Complying with client internal processes.
- Shift pattern covering 6.30am to 6pm
- On-call when required
Key Performance Indicators
- The successful delivery of tasks and projects on time
- Customer service satisfaction
- Ensuring system availability as per agreed SLA's
- Demonstrable analytical and problem solving ability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong leadership and people skills
- Low latency market data feed management (eg, Nyse Tech/Wombat/Vela, Thomson Reuters - RDFD)
- Very strong VELA Wombat Feed handler knowledge with extensive experience of handling EDCs
- Knowledge of Linux (RedHat ES Preferable)
- TCP/Multicast Networking/Routing and ability to debug issues with the aid of tools such as tcpdump
- Scripting (Perl, Bash)
- Previous experience working with Exchange Native Protocols (e.g. UTP, ITCH, MITCH)
- Experience with supporting low latency / high throughput / high availability / distributed market data platforms.
- RFA Mamacache expertise and some TREP knowledge would be beneficial
- Good functional knowledge of Equities and Futures.
- Exposure to monitoring tools such as Geneos
- Exposure to market data reporting tools such as DACS/DART