Manual Tester required for an initial 3-6 month contract based in Osterley
£140- £160 per day
Sky is Europe's leading entertainment company and serves over 22 million customers across five countries. Our business in the UK and Ireland has come a long way since starting out as a satellite broadcaster in 1989 and we're not stopping there. We're home to award-winning teams for everything from Customer Service to Marketing, from Technology to Finance, meaning there's plenty of opportunity for you, no matter what your career goals.
Overview of TPT Function
Technical Product Testing (TPT) consists of various test functions and has the following main
Final User Acceptance Testing
Final user acceptance testing (black box) for any EPG Software Candidates these can either be Product Release (PR) or Service Release (SR). Additionally TPT are responsible for carrying out hardware and software testing and providing final user acceptance for any new STB platforms being developed before being released into the field.
The Software Test Engineer will be assigned as required to one of the following areas.
- Functional software testing - carrying out exhaustive testing on reference STB platform to ensure any new functionality or STB platform behaves as described in the requirements specification.
- Regression testing - carrying out a subset of the functional test cases on all the other STB platforms ensuring they behave as described in the requirements specification.
- Review test documentation (scripts/ software details) to ensure test instructions are clear prior to commencing testing.
- Manually run test cases within Quality Center against EPG and interactive applications.
- Review defects found with the Test Team Leader and/or Project Test Lead prior to raising them in Quality Center thus avoiding duplication.
- Demonstrate an understanding of wider platform defects/ issues (software/ hardware) which may impact on the testing of the software.
- Liaise with Test Team Leader and/ or Project Test Lead to raise any queries/ problems during test.
- Attend test planning meetings, as required to minimise problems experienced during testing.
- Run automated testing where appropriate
- Ensure any faulty equipment in the test environment is reported to the Test Team Leader.
- Follow Sky's health and safety policies and procedures; report any safety issues to line management; and participate in Sky's objective to be a safe and healthy workplace.
- Conduct training with new team members, as required.
- Champion initiatives which will reduce test cycle time and increase effectiveness of the testing process.
- Participate in ongoing projects and initiatives ensuring that the team processes and procedures are in line with the wider Customer & Interactive Technology department objectives.
- Skills Required
- Experience/knowledge of H/W and S/W development testing, integration, functional, system tests and user acceptance testing.
- ISEB foundation
- Ideally a M.Sc. or B.Sc. (or equivalent) in an engineering or technical discipline
- Familiar with bug tracking applications such as Quality Center or Jira would be beneficial.
- Basic skills in SQL and UNIX.
- Experienced user in Microsoft Office applications in particularly Excel and Access.
- Knowledge of broadcast technologies (MPEG encoding/Service Information/Play-out infrastructure) would be an advantage
- Minimum 1 years experience in Software testing environment executing and writing test cases.
- Programming experience in either VBscript or VB.net would be advantageous.
- Demonstrate commercial awareness of the UK TV marketplace, the goals and challenges facing BSkyB as a business.
- Flexibility to adjust to change and still meet challenging and often fixed deadlines
- Logical, thorough and task-focused, with an eye for detail
- Works well in a team environment with a proven ability to prioritise work and work on multiple projects.
- Works well under the pressure of tight, immovable deadlines
If you're ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, apply today
It's our people that make Sky Europe's leading entertainment company. That's why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
Believe in better