Manual Tester (Set Top Box)
We have an exciting opportunity for Manual Testers to support one of the world's leading Media and Broadcasting giants... you'll not only be working on an exciting new product, but you'll be working within a highly talented digital team and enjoy a 'start-up' feel, unlike other places.
Location: Osterley, West London
Duration: initial 3 month contract
Key Responsibilities & You:
· Review test documentation (scripts/ software details) to ensure test instructions are clear prior to commencing testing.
· Manually run test cases within Quality Center against EPG and interactive applications.
· Demonstrate an understanding of wider platform defects/ issues (software/ hardware) which may impact on the testing of the software.
· Run automated testing where appropriate
Essential Skills & Experience:
· Experience/knowledge of H/W and S/W development testing, integration, functional, system tests and user acceptance testing.
· ISEB foundation
· Ideally a M.Sc. or B.Sc. (or equivalent) in an engineering or technical discipline
· Familiar with bug tracking applications such as Quality Center or Jira would be beneficial.
· Basic skills in SQL and UNIX.
· Knowledge of broadcast technologies (MPEG encoding/Service Information/Play-out infrastructure) would be an advantage
· Programming experience in either VBscript or VB.net would be advantageous.
· Demonstrate commercial awareness of the UK TV marketplace
· Flexibility to adjust to change and still meet challenging and often fixed deadlines
· Logical, thorough and task-focused, with an eye for detail
· Works well in a team environment with a proven ability to prioritise work and work on multiple projects.
· Works well under the pressure of tight, immovable deadlines