Maintenance Engineering Manager (Systems) - Portsmouth - 6 month FTC (potential to extend)
A successful FTSE 100 engineering support services organisation is looking to take on a Maintenance Engineering Manager (Systems) to deliver activities for the maintenance work streams for the QEC programme.
The main purpose of the role is to deliver the maintenance support solution outputs for the high profile Queen Elizabeth Class programme.
You will be responsible for delivering the maintenance strategy, maintenance policy and have an understanding of the common support model. The role focuses around the In-Service maintenance solution for the lifecycle of the vessel, not only in fleet time but upkeep as well. Additionally, you will be proficient in change control, ensuring that all changes made to a project's baseline scope, time, cost and quality objectives or agreed benefits are identified, evaluated, approved, rejected or deferred.
As a core member of the department, you will manage a team of 5 maintenance engineers and be responsible for stakeholder engagement.
- Have a background in maritime (ships or subs are both considered)
- Have a good understanding of warship maintenance techniques and processes
- Be conversant with ILS
- The post holder is required to hold a Degree/HND (or equivalent level) in an engineering discipline
- Be able to communicate effectively at all levels, both written and verbally.
- Be computer literate, particularly with the Microsoft Office Suite of applications.
- Be able to operate in a partnering environment with other co-workers, managers and Customers.
Ex Forces well suited
Salary: £50,000 - £55,000 + benefits
Hours: 40 hours, Mon-Fri
Security: Must be eligible for SC Clearance
Location: Portsmouth, with travel to Bristol, Plymouth and other UK sites.
Start Date: ASAP
*THE ROLE CLOSES ON TUESDAY 6th DECEMBER* but applications will be considered BEFORE this closing date.
If you feel like you possess the skills and knowledge of Maintenance Engineering Manager (Systems), then please apply to this job to discuss how we can accelerate your career.
Call on 01179 309 732 or send your CV