Electrical Engineer/ Electrical Maintenance
Permanent - Up to £30,000 + Full benefits package including - Company car, Contributory pension scheme, share incentive plan, health care scheme, childcare vouchers and other leisure discounts
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join one of Europe's leading Defence & Technology Organisations. A world leading service provider who have invested billions of pounds in their services working with the most high profile clients on the most cutting edge projects. This role is available due to a company expansion.
Working as part of a small team of electrical engineers in a wind tunnel facility used by major international aircraft manufacturing companies for testing scale models of commercial aircraft. You will be engaged in the diagnostic and maintenance activities on a broad range of electrical plant and control systems including power electronics, large LV& HV electrical machines and PLC systems. Main duties will include:
- Carrying out planned and reactive electrical maintenance on the plants used to support a wind tunnel
- Fault finding and diagnosis on electrical control circuits and power systems
- Undertaking electrical repair work as required to the necessary safety standards
- Portable appliance testing, maintenance and repair
- Recognised training in an electrical field (NVQ, Apprenticeship, HNC, HND etc)
- 16/17th Edition certified
- Plant, production/manufacturing, Heavy Machinery industry background
- Experience of fault finding/ testing and inspecting
- Ability to read and interpret electrical diagrams
- Previous experience in an electrical maintenance role
- Excellent behavioural skills such as work ethic and great teamwork
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Working ability of PLC programming
- PAT testing
- Knowledge and level of competency across other maintenance field i.e. Mechanical and HVAC
If you're ready to apply, fantastic! Click "apply" and if your CV is shortlisted I will call for an initial chat/screening in confidence within the next week.
Interviews will take place on an ad-hoc basis but if you're interested please don't hesitate as we are short listing as we speak!