Planning & Programme Manager (Weapons Trials) - Pendine, Carmarthen
A rare and exciting opportunity has arisen for a degree qualified professional to become the Manager of the only Long Test Track (LTT) facility in the UK. You will ensure this unique test facility is suitably maintained whilst liaising with all relevant internal and external teams to guarantee the delivery of the weapons programmes.
- To provide programme and maintenance leadership for the Long Test Track Capability in support of Weapons programmes.
- To own, develop and maintain the facility Through Life Support Strategy that ensures the Facility is available, safe and suitably maintained for the delivery of complex weapons trials.
- Maintaining a summary Gantt chart of each major trial/LTT programme, maintaining continuity and communication across the teams and informing stakeholders of progress against key delivery milestones.
- Planning trials programmes, liaising with suppliers and stakeholders on key milestones and specifications.
- Operating in competitive and/or multiple customer/stakeholder environments.
- Generating high quality and appropriate technical solutions/specifications to challenging customer and maintenance requirements and time scales.
Essential Education, Qualifications and Training
The ideal candidate will have a sound understanding of both Aerodynamics and energetic materials, however a sound understanding of one of these areas and an awareness of the other is acceptable.
Regarded as a technical 'expert' in their particular field, and an acknowledged authority both within and outside own area of expertise. Accepted as a thought leader with customers, partners and within their own organisation.
- Science based Degree (physics, chemistry, mathematics, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, Aerodynamics etc)
- Equivalent experience in relevant discipline or area of work.
- Ability to perform complex engineering/technical assignments developing creative, yet practical solutions to customer and maintenance problems, challenging conventional or traditional methods or procedures where required.
- Ability to lead and co-ordinate a diverse technical/engineering team.
- Professional knowledge gained through substantial applicable work experience, to supplement formal knowledge, in order to apply principles and concepts of own discipline in resolving issues as they arrive.
- Ability to work effectively as a team with other business functions such as sales, project management, commercial, and governance.
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all appropriate levels, both internal and external, including customers, suppliers and other stakeholders.
How to Apply
If you have the skills and knowledge required, apply online today to be considered for interview.