Linux Server Security Specialist (SC Cleared)
Experis are recruiting for a Linux Security Specialist for a central Government department. The cyber security consultant will configure the Linux server to bring the security in line with the Cabinet Office and NCSC guidelines.
The responsibility will be to lead the work to secure an on-premise Linux server, completing the following:
- Harden the server by removing all non-essential services installed on the O/S.
- Harden the network connection of the server. Shut down all extraneous open TCP/IP ports remove applications, secure all application connectivity and encrypted or tunnelled through SSL, change TCP/IP ports from defaults
- Integrate Linux server into systems management and reporting used across Windows server estate
- Disable Wi-Fi connectivity on the server
- Ensure the server can't connect outside the firewall
- Have demonstrable experience installing and configuring on premise Linux servers to a high standard and in line with NCSC guidelines, in particular ensuring the security of data on the server
- Ability to work with a varied delivery team
- Can demonstrate that they have the ability to identify opportunities to improve IT service offering
- Have experience using Agile