Our Client is looking for a Linux Engineer (RedHat) to join their team in Newcastle on an initial 3 month contract
Due to the nature of the work, the ideal candidate should hold valid SC Clearance
Applies Red Hat Enterprise Linux technical knowledge to solve complex business requirements and is regarded as a subject matter expert. Uses consulting skills including, but not limited to: interviewing clients to understand business needs, developing technical solutions, and working with multiple teams to accomplish project deliverables. Capable of consulting, designing, testing, implementing, managing capability requirements, integration of custom components into varied environments and provision of third level production support using standard methodologies.
- Education and Experience Required
- Unix System Administration I and II Certification
- At least 3 years (Specialist) or 5 years (Expert) of experience using, building and maintaining Red HatEnterprise Linux.
- Is able to review and modify Low Level Designs (LLDs)
Basic knowledge of most of the following areas:
- Linux/UNIX based
- Web Server (Sun One, iPlanet, Apache)
- RDMBS (Oracle)
- Application server (Apache, JBoss, TomCat, WebLogic)
- Networking fundamentals
- Load Balancing (F5, Cisco)
- High Availability and Clustering
- J2EE Architecture
- Linux/UNIX Scripting
- Good understanding and basic (technical) knowledge of Cloud technologies
- Veritas Volume Manager and File System management
Day to Day Responsibilities
- Responsible for client/account interactions as required
- Responsible for producing part or all of the technical solution for the account/client, in accordance with an agreed technical design.
- Responsible to make sure that the project deliverable is completed accurately and on time
- Responsible for escalating the issues, problems, risks, and constraints to the appropriate parties for clarification and resolution
- Responsible for design and engineering of custom Infrastructure solutions based on Linux servers.
- Responsible for communication with the Lead Engineer and account/client.
- Responsible for the engineering of end to end solutions as required
- Responsible for keeping abreast of new/emerging technology
- Responsible for design, development, implementation using the Global Engineering specifications, methodology and practical application of ITIL practices and processes
Interested candidates should submit their CV in the first instance.