3 Month contract
Numerous seats available for Lean Trainers to be based in Wolverhampton on an initial 3 month contract basis. The successful candidates will be at the centre of delivering our clients Lean BIT training programme. This role will include travel to Birmingham site also.
- Undertaking a training role. Ensuring learners acquire the requisite knowledge, skills and understanding in line with the course learning outcomes. This will require the identification of learning needs within the group; creating a positive attitude to learning; management of group dynamics and a self-evaluation of teaching methodologies.
- Planning learning activities. This will require the identification of learning outcomes; relating subject areas to outcomes; producing plans for learning sessions; identify ways of tracking learning; and the design, development and use of learning resources.
- Management of the learning process. This will require the use of methods of delivery that are appropriate to the group; organising the learning environment to assist in the learning process; the use of appropriate language; the use of appropriate resources; the use of appropriate methods to assess learning and the encouragement of feedback from learners through debriefs and tutorial sessions.
- Assessment of learning through formative and summative assessment. This will require the analysis, identification and confirmation of strengths and weaknesses of learners; the giving of constructive feedback on progress to learners; reporting on their performance in consultation with the Engineering Team Leader an evaluation/review of teaching and learning
- Taking the responsibility for the safe upkeep of specified resources and training facilities whilst on internal customer premises
- Production of reports in a timely manner that are accurate, relevant and contribute to the development of the individual and the training system
- Capturing and reporting delegate attendance
- Reporting delegate absence after 30 minute grace period to maintain stakeholder duty of care responsibilities.
- In Conjunction with the Engineering Team Leader ensuring that the KPIs are achieved for our internal customers
- Select and develop learning materials
- Train on programmes, managing the learning process effectively, guiding and supporting learners including tutorial activities
- Use a variety of methods to assess formatively and summatively, ensuring that learners understand the purpose of assessments, and that methods are appropriate
- Record, store and process assessment results.
- Review and monitor own performance, using a variety of means and indicators; identify own professional development needs and agree how these should be met.
- Undertake other duties as required
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum level 3 BIT qualification
- A recognised Training qualification
- Valid and Clean driving license
Key Technical Skills
- Able to apply full range of lean tools and techniques to varying levels of audience in Engineering/Manufacturing environment
- Lean qualifications - BIT, Six Sigma (Green or Black Belt)
- Deliver a safe environment without compromising the realism of the training delivered
- A detailed understanding of the systematic approach to learning and development
- Able to demonstrate practical knowledge of the subject to internal stakeholders
- Knowledge of lean tools and techniques and operational excellence and how to apply it to the training activities
- Able to demonstrate practical knowledge of implementing lean tools within a business to a minimum of Level 3 standard
- Thorough understanding of applying effective and engaging delivery to learners that can be contextualised
- IT literate (especially PowerPoint)