Lead Solutions Architect - Messaging
Telford - up to £71,000, depending on skills and experience
This is an exciting opportunity to join HMRC's Messaging Delivery Group where you will be working across one of the biggest IT estates in Europe and supporting a large scale and radical transformation that will have a profound impact for both the customers and the staff of HMRC.
This is a unique challenge for an experienced Solutions Architect to manage HMRC's Messaging
Domain during a time of significant change and transformation as HMRC drives the focus of IT delivery away from product centric solutions and fully exploits the opportunities that Digital Services and Data Analytics can provide. This position will play a key role as the interface between the development teams and senior stakeholders within the Messaging Delivery Group and HMRC's wider Architecture function.
The Lead Solutions Architect is responsible for maintaining and enhancing our Messaging technology roadmap working closely with scrum teams to ensure alignment with wider Platform Architecture Blueprints, architecture specifications and HMRC standards. This will contribute to HMRC's end state architecture, their current state and the transition roadmaps. The Lead Solution Architect will work with HMRC business areas to understand and shape their requirements and also work closely with a wide supplier base developing Solutions Architectures and Solution Designs that support business aims. This is a demanding role with the successful candidate working across the Messaging and additional sub domains and enabling successful delivery.
As part of the Messaging Delivery Group Leadership team this role will engage at a strategic level with involvement in setting organisational objectives, influencing policy, and leading on technical and business change. It will also play a key role in ensuring that HMRC develops and maintains a strong IT Architecture capability by empowering, supporting and developing staff to achieve the highest performance standards.
You will need to demonstrate within your application the following essential experience
- Experience of developing large scale Solution Architectures and Solution Designs in the
- areas of reusable enterprise integration, Middleware and Messaging that support and deliver
- both short term and long term aims
- Demonstrable experience of driving and delivering technological change against a
- background of organisational transformation
- Deep understanding of and ability to provide subject matter expertise on SOA design
- patterns, integration Middleware, Messaging and API design and management;
- Ability to engage and lead discussions including product selection and solution design.
- Proven experience in developing Technical Capability within an organisation. Including
- empowering, supporting and developing staff to achieve the highest performance standards
- Experience of working in an agile environment and experience with agile methodologies
- such as TDD, Scrum, Kanban
- Environment virtualisation, deployment and testing automation;
- Micro Service Architectures design / development;
- Either have or work to achieve professional IT qualifications such as TOGAF or CITP
- Release and configuration management
Selection process details:
An initial sift of your CV will be conducted against the Essential Criteria. If your CV demonstrates experience of these essential criteria you will be contacted to arrange a telephone based screen. The telephone screen will further assess your experience against the Essential Criteria and will be carried out by Experis at a time to be agreed with you. If you successfully complete this stage of the process your application will be progressed to the next stage. The applicants with the best skills and experience will be invited to interview, where you will be required to provide evidence as to how you meet the above competencies and technical requirements. Interviews may include an additional assessment exercise or presentation exercise. Please note that your CV MUST demonstrate evidence of the Essential Criteria for you to be progressed to telephone screen and beyond.