Our client has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Lead Infrastructure Engineer to join their team based in Hook for an an initial 4 month contract
Due to the nature of the role, candidates are required to possess SC Clearance or be willing to undergo clearance
- The candidate will possess an understanding, at a detailed level, of the architectural dependencies of technologies in use within the customer's IT environment. Frequently uses product and application knowledge along with internals or architectural knowledge to develop solutions. A recognized expert in one or more technologies within own technical community and also at regional level.
- Applies advanced subject matter knowledge to complex Technical and Business issues, and is regarded by others within the client as a subject matter expert. Works on complex problems or projects where analysis of situations or data requires an in depth evaluation. Responsible for providing a detailed technical design for Enterprise Solutions and in cases will be the Principal Consultant that analyses and develops Enterprise Technology solutions.
- Acts as an expert providing direction and guidance to process improvements and establishing policies. Frequently contributes to the development of new ideas and methods. Leads and provides expertise to functional project teams and participates in cross-functional initiatives.
- Work with multiple customers addressing medium to large project and programs, multiple client sites and management organizations. Regularly leads in the technical assessment and delivery of specific solutions to the customer.
- Regularly exercises significant independent judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to determine best method for accomplishing and achieving objectives.
- Undertakes activities and provides qualitative and quantitative information Where required supports sales activities, manages actions in conjunction with bids or major input into the sales lifecycle.
- Able to communicate with internal and external senior management confidently and demonstrate the professionalism of the job family.
Knowledge and Skills
- At least 8 years' experience of technical leadership or technical authority roles and 5 years of technical expertise in an appropriate infrastructure area such as Virtualization, Workplace Services or Storage. Expert experience of IT solutions and integration on large IT programmes and a level of knowledge of existing and emerging enterprise level infrastructure technologies.
- Proven experience to an expert level in the integration and delivery of technology solutions with good technical documentation skills and a strong understanding of engineering principles and practices with an ability to work in a dynamic environment managing multiple and changing priorities.
- Engage strongly with both internal and external stakeholders across multiple levels.
- Experience and knowledge of ITIL V3, ITSA, Legacy Integration methodologies, exposure and understanding of Six Sigma, awareness of Security requirements including JSP 440 & 480 accreditation and awareness of project management practice and methodology to an expert level.
- Excellent client facing experience. Able to demonstrate a broad understanding of market dynamics, an industry area, commercial issues, and technical concerns whilst maintaining depth in core focus area.
- Ability to work in a multi-technology environment with the ability to diagnose complex technical problems to their root cause. Has ability to summarise prognosis and impact at practice lead level.