Lead Engineer - SC clearance - Erskine - 6 Months Initial Contract
Our client, a leading IT consulting organisation, is currently looking for a Lead Engineer to join their team in Erskine. Due to the nature of the role, candidates must be SC Cleared or be willing to undergo the processes to obtain clearance.
Our client is looking for Infrastructure Engineering leaders who are experts in the planning, delivery and governance of large scale projects and solutions and those who are currently looking to expand their knowledge and skills.
Knowledge and Skills
- At least 12 years' experience of technical leadership or technical authority roles and 5 years of technical expertise in an appropriate infrastructure area such as Virtualization, Workplace Services or Storage. Expert experience of IT solutions and integration on large IT programmes and a level of knowledge of existing and emerging enterprise level infrastructure technologies.
- Proven experience to an expert level in the integration and delivery of technology solutions with good technical documentation skills and a strong understanding of engineering principles and practices with an ability to work in a dynamic environment managing multiple and changing priorities.
- Able to work on their own recognisance, think laterally with good problem solving skills both technically and for Business. Engage strongly with both internal and external stakeholders across multiple levels. Expert experience in decomposing large complex problems into component parts for skill centre engineering as well as having the ability to provide and contribute in the following areas : Project High Level Requirements; High-level Functional and Logical Architecture; Detailed Designs for all solutions; build, test, implementation and integration activities.
- Experience and knowledge of ITIL V3, ITSA, Legacy Integration methodologies, exposure and understanding of Six Sigma, awareness government security requirements including JSP 440 & 480 accreditation and awareness of project management practice and methodology to an expert level.
- Excellent client facing experience. Able to demonstrate a broad understanding of market dynamics, an industry area, commercial issues, and technical concerns whilst maintaining depth in core focus area.
- Enabling the solution design process in a collaborative manner with the respective teams, and ensuring that the solution is fit for purpose, maintain and provide overall estimate and plans covering all technical aspects of infrastructure projects.
- Ability to work in a multi-technology environment with the ability to diagnose complex technical problems to their root cause. Has ability to summarise prognosis and impact at practice lead level.
- Provides effective technical and business communication to the leadership and to the Project Engineers including reporting technical status of projects to the Engineering team developing team members and ensuring that all engineers working on the project understand their deliverables.
If this is a role that could be of interest to you please click below to apply and submit your CV.