Lead Electrical Engineer - Oil & Gas
My client a global Oil and Gas company are seeking a Lead Electrical Engineer to produce detailed manufacturing drawings to specified Company standards that meet the requirement of a Functional Design Specification prepared by an Engineer.
The Electrical Design Engineer is characterised by strong 'design for manufacture' knowledge, self-motivation, communication traits and a continuous improvement mind-set.
- Produce design schemes based on the Unit Functional Design Specification.
- Ensuring and verify technical compliance of products with specification, codes, standards, legislation and client technical requirements.
- Control and maintain the design standard of the products.
- Proactively engage with the supply chain to provide support to suppliers.
- Keen eye for detail in checking drawings for accuracy and errors.
- Communicate and verify accuracy of all manufacturing data for procurement and assembly purposes.
- Working closely with the New Product Initiative (NPI) team to support the delivery of NPI programs and assisting in defining the technology gaps to drive future NPI alignment.
- Expertise in ProE / Creo3.0 (min) and AutoCAD.
- Experience and knowledge of the design and operation of Electrical Packaging and Electronics layouts.
- Previous experience with control panels, wire looming and component placement.
- Understanding of MRP process control systems.