Lead Development Engineer (rail) - £51,000 + Car allowance + Bonus + benefits. FTSE 100 engineering organisation with excellent career prospects
A successful and ever growing FTSE 100 engineering support services organisation is looking to take on a Lead Development Engineer to work within their rail division on track renewals.
The Lead Development Engineer will manage all development aspects for works within the contract. Ensure the works are planned in compliance with all relevant Safety legislation, to the correct specification and in line with tendered rates.
The main responsibilities of this post are to:
- Manage the Development teams to plan works in line with Network Rails End to End process. Ensure changes to scope and specification are managed and that Risk/Change Registers are robustly maintained.
- Ensure methodologies, resource requirements and train and access plans are prepared to ensure safe and cost effective delivery of the works.
- Attend specification reviews and walkouts with the client.
- Ensure that during the development of work items, signalling, electrification, power and civil functions are engaged where required by the scope of work to ensure all required enabling and support works are planned, resourced and costed.
- Continually review methodologies to ensure optimum use of strategic plant.
- Prepare and agree with the client, access and strategic resource plans for the delivery of proposed works.
- Support the preparation of Contract Programmes as required, ensuring optimisation of access opportunities and efficient use of resources.
- Ensure agreed performance and other KPI's are met.
- Ensure that all work activities are planned in accordance with conditions of contract, health and safety legislation and company procedures.
- Manage the welfare of assigned staff and participate with human resources as required. Ensure all staff are trained and competent to undertake their duties.
- Direct and monitor the performance of all assigned staff under your control.
- N.C. in an engineering discipline
- Chartered Engineer.
- Business Focus
- Minimum 5 years in middle management
- Extensive knowledge of the rail industry and track renewals
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced engineer within rail to join a dynamic FTSE 100 organisation. If you would like the opportunity to progress your career, please contact me on 0117 9309 726 or