Laser Specialist (High Power/Energy) - Farnborough
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a High Energy Laser Specialist to a global leading Defence Technology & Security Organisation.
You will work in the Disruptive Technologies area which is part of the Maritime, Land & Weapons division. You will become part of the High Energy Laser (HEL) team and through your extensive experience of Laser trials and system design, will be actively involved in developing trials methodologies, safety cases, standardised methods of testing and characterisation technologies for novel laser systems.
- Advise on trials aspects for novel laser systems, beam propagation & safety considerations
- Undertake technical tasks relating to HEL related research. This will include system and sub-system design activities, novel laser system trials planning, trials safety case development.
- Liaise with and brief the High Energy Laser Joint Technology Office in the US where applicable.
- Build on understanding capability and customers of the group to grow role and support succession planning.
- Ensure that you provide continuous communication of current and future projected workload to their line manager.
- Ensure compliance with Company / Weapons Technologies policies (including HS&E) and behavioural policies are adhered to at all times.
- Build relevant domain knowledge of your particular area of project delivery.
- Build on a comprehensive understanding of the range of capabilities within the capability group, as well as a wider network of contacts across Company and the UK/worldwide Laser Industry.
Qualifications and experience
- Extensive knowledge or experience in the effects associated with High Energy Lasers, optical systems design, systems modelling and experimental testing/trials.
- Practical experience of UK/overseas trials of novel HEL systems.
- Practical experience of novel HEL safety case development to JSP390; safety arguments presented to the internal/external safety teams (Marine Laser Safety Team)
- Engineering/Technical/Scientific qualifications (ideally Degree level but not essential) or equivalent practical experience.
You will need to be eligible to gain MOD SC clearance and willing to gain DV clearance in the future. For this you must be a British citizen from birth.
How to apply
If you are interested in being our next HEL Specialist and want to be considered for an interview, apply online today!