Do you want to be an integral part of one of the UK's leading Engineering Training organisations for the Royal Navy? Work on cutting edge technology and within the military environment? If so, read on!
An exciting new opportunity for a Laboratory Support Technician has arisen in the Royal Navy's principle engineering training facility in Fareham. The successful candidate will be experience in the laboratory environment dealing with a full range of electronic principles test equipment and circuit configurations to support trainees in their studies to achieve City and Guilds and Foundation Degree accreditation.
* Core instructional duties will comprise leading and supporting career courses of around 8 to 16 students in electronic engineering principles underpinning the operation of Royal Naval Equipment in a military and specifically maritime setting
* Theoretical knowledge of the following topics is essential: AC and DC theory to include solving problems involving resistive, capacitive and inductive networks, electro-magnetic circuits and their applications. Where professional knowledge is incomplete, training opportunities could potentially be provided to candidates.
* Ensure company health, safety and environmental procedures are implemented and complied with at all times - mirroring those needed for Navy life
Qualifications & Requirements
* Qualified academically or vocationally with an ONC in relevant subject matter
* Ideally the candidate will have worked in a technical college (or equivalent) and/or have a firm grasp of electronics principles and theories.
What's on offer?
* Excellent Training and Lifestyle
* Base salary of £26,000 -£28,000
* A range of flexible benefits
* Free On-Site Parking
* Subsidised Gym Membership and use of recreational facilities
Successful applicants will be required to obtain UK MOD security clearance and DBS prior to appointment
For further information or a confidential discussion please apply now or call Rebecca Smolinska on 0117 9309 727