6 Months + extensions
London (Remote work available)
- Finance has mobilised the first phase of a five year programme to transform the Finance operating model by leveraging cloud technology.
- Finance Cloud Transformation will rationalise operational processes, automate data and report production, to deliver comprehensive data to our internal and external stakeholders for analysis and reporting.
- The programme will entail migration of core Finance data and processes to the cloud, transforming the way Finance operates.
- The vision for the Finance on the Cloud Programme is "to deliver standardized global processes that leverage a single data-set for reporting, analysis and forecasting." Key programme outcomes are to deliver a singular automated data production processing capability for actuals and forecasting, correction of data once for all downstream calculations, reports and outputs, introducing automated preventative and detective controls, significantly reduce manual activity in the run-time actuals process to allow the production of all actuals outputs by WD5 for the monthly process
Key responsibilities and experience
- The role holder would be responsible for setting the overall JIRA policy and ensure standards are met across the programme calling out anyone who was non-compliant
- The role holder would set JIRA governance and ensure any JIRA version updates are managed appropriately through the governance channel
- The JIRA role would sit above all the verticals on the programme and sit across all Releases
- Would be a JIRA Expert/Ninja/wizard
- Experience of setting Set JIRA Policy & Governance for large programmes
- Is able to Govern JIRA in the right way and thinks out-side the box
- Is able to demonstrate absolute knowledge of JIRA and communicate effectively to all area leads.
- Is able assist in Building Reports - standard and customisable (Resource Reports, Test, etc) - and ensuring these become BAU and Key to reporting
- Ensuring EPICs, Stories have the right filters to enable Design Completion tags, Build Completion 'tags', FT 'tags'…. Or rather be able to tag them as complete if there is no design or build on these.
- Would sit above Requirements, Design, Build, Test and therefore would require senior discussions and negotiation around influencing best practise
- Understanding of finance & risk systems
- Solid leadership skills with experience in managing people in a large matrix organisation, including successful experience in developing and retaining critical talent
- Managing potentially conflicting agendas, priorities and time-lines across functions (inside and outside Finance).
- Complex stakeholder management.
- Coordinating the work of multiple teams within a stringent and structured deployment methodology adhering to HSBC best practice.
- To be conscious of wider programme change taking place across the business and understand the impact of processes, timescales for deployment, and be mindful of the transition into BAU.
- Programme operates in a complex, sometimes ambiguous environment, which requires dealing with non-routine issues often without precedents.
HSBC Career Hub