Java Developer - Spring - Hibernate - Agile
This area of our Broadcasting client's company are responsible for the design, development, test and deployment of all Enterprise software platforms; they're now looking for a number of Developers to undertake development of
services to encapsulate business logic and expose existing back-end systems.
Key tasks will include:
- To develop business services using Java and the Spring Framework.
- To integrate data from relational databases or back-end systems.
- To adopt and promote pair-programming and other agile development techniques. This will therefore
- require the candidate to have excellent team and communications skills
- To ensure that development standards, methods and tools are adhered to and are used appropriately
We would expect you to have:
- A passion for developing software
- Strong core Java experience preferably in a services development environment using JMS
- Experience of developing using the Spring Framework and JUnit
- RDMS experience using JDBC with additional experience in Hibernate or iBatis preferred
- Experience of working in a continuous integration environment
- Good working knowledge of XML and XML Schema
- Experience of agile software development lifecycle
- Strong communication skills
We would love you to have:
- Agile development process experience
- Extensive Test Driven Development (TDD) experience
- Knowledge of Fitnesse
- Knowledge of Tomcat
You will play a pivotal role developing key new services within this area ensuring that we leverage technology to
achieve competitive advantage and contribute to the evolution of our technology landscape - delivering the
present, creating the future.
Candidates should submit their CV in the first instance.