Our high brow TV/Broadcasting client are currently seeking 4 developers to join their team in Leeds on an initial 3 month contract.
- Develop excellent quality software using agile techniques such as Test Driven Development and Pair Programming
- Monitoring security logs and taking action against any breaches
- Documentation of investigations and analysis
- Analysis of any security issues or potential threats to company
- Advise other teams on issues found and how their application can be improved from a security perspective
- Take an active role in Story definition, assisting QA's and business stakeholders with Acceptance criteria
- Drive best technology and software development practices into the team with passion and enthusiasm
- Participate in regular showcases of new work to the product owners and business stakeholders
- Experience and strong ability in Java, Spring, hibernate, MySQL, CouchDB (or similar such as Mongo), JIRA, python and Perl.
- Python or another back end language would be beneficial
- Grails, Groovy - also beneficial
- Experience in security, specifically customer authentication systems - beneficial
- Management and the use of a Web Application Firewall (WAF) - beneficial
- Ability to analyse data for patterns in user behaviour using Splun - beneficial
- Knowledge and experience of a wide range of best of breed open source and commercial technologies
- Experience of software development for high capacity, high traffic (1 million sign in's a day), high availability websites/systems
- Understand of how the web works, from SQL to HTML
Candidates should submit their CV in the first instance.