Java Developer, API, Java, C#, Scala, Play Framework, Akka, Spray, Spark, Apache, SBT
Fancy working for a large Consultancy client in the Yorkshire area? They are currently recruiting an experienced Java Developer for a 3 month contract. This requirement is based in Shipley and we are looking for someone to start as soon as possible!
We will use modern technology and agile development methods to research, define, develop and deploy APIs for the external market.
Software Developers work collaboratively in multi-disciplinary agile scrum teams to develop outstanding software that exceeds customer expectations. As a Software Developer, you will sit at the heart of the transformation of our services. Using agile methods, you will be involved in all elements of development, with a relentless focus on how the service will be used. You will be involved in service design, code build, test, maintenance and support. We need a team of flexible, skilled developers with a love of web technology to realise our digital objectives.
As a Software Developer you will:
- Build, deploy and operate outstanding digital services within an agile environment that meet well-defined user needs. Participate in the rapid development of user-driven Digital prototypes;
- Building prototypes, writing tests, codes and documentations, implementing RESTful APIs,
- Be competent in implementing APIs using JSON and other programming languages as appropriate to ensure continuous integration,
- Work in cross-functional teams to write and test production quality, sustainable code for world-class new and existing systems;
- Implement RESTful APIs for integration with internal and external systems;
- Ensure that new and updated digital services are thoroughly tested for performance and are able to handle specified load;
- Collaborate with all Scrum Team and Delivery Centre colleagues, providing feedback on more junior/apprenticeship developers where necessary;
- Contribute to a culture of continuous service improvement in which key systems "owned" by your digital service team are regularly analysed, maintained and improved;
- Contribute to a robust automated test suite to work in a continuous integration environment;
- Sharing knowledge of tools and techniques with technical and non-technical team members in the wider team.
Skills and Experience:
- Use and implementation of modern front-end web technologies such as HTML5, CSS3, AJAX, REST, JSON;
- Good understanding of web/agile technologies & protocols;
- Demonstrable experience in automated testing solutions;
- Proven problem solving skills: able to logically break down a problem into smaller manageable parts to solve;
- Proven ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience;
- Proven ability to quickly research and learn new programming tools and techniques;
- Demonstrable knowledge of relational and non-relational database systems.
- Experience developing and using web-based APIs (especially HTTP REST-based APIs);
- Experience with open source solutions and community, including Linux system administration and configuration management skills;
- including Linux experience;
- Experience using and deploying on cloud based platforms;
- Experience working on technical projects within an agile team;
- Experience presenting work at user groups and conferences;
- Experience of building and scaling high-traffic websites.
Suitable candidates should submit their CV in the first instance. If you have any questions, please contact Hollie Doyle on 0161 924 3652