Java Developer - Agile - REST - TDD - Groovy/Grails
3 Month contract
Osterley, West London
Working with a large media company based in west London.
Your key responsibilities:
As a member of the team within software engineering, you will…
- Be seen as an active mentor within the team that can offer advice and guidance around design, architectural decisions and code quality
- Develop excellent quality software using agile techniques such as Test Driven Development and Pair Programming
- Take an active role in Story definition, assisting QA's and business stakeholders with Acceptance criteria
- Drive best technology and software development practices into the team with passion and enthusiasm
- Participate in regular showcases of new work to the product owners and business stakeholders
- Strive for continuous improvement within the team and the department
As a member of the team within Software Engineering, you will
- Experienced ability in Java (Groovy/Grails experience also highly desirable)
- Have experience and ability with NoSQL Databases, ESB's, Message Brokers, Document Stores and Data Structure Servers
- Experience in SOLR is also desirable
- Have experience in automated continuous delivery and deployment, and automated testing
- Have knowledge and experience of a wide range of best of breed open source and commercial technologies
- Be experience of software development for resilient, high capacity, high traffic, high availability web-based services/systems, including configurable Micro-services
- Have an understanding of how the web works including familiarity with web security and attack countermeasures
- Have a good understanding of software performance tuning, security, scaling and resilience.
- Have delivery experience within an agile project specific experience in TDD, Pair Programming
- Have a track record of getting the job done to a high standard
Be able to demonstrate an enthusiasm and aptitude for helping others learn new skills and practices.
Candidates shopuld submit their CV in the first instance.