Java Engineer - JBoss - Red Hat - Apache - Agile
Our Guildford based client are seeking 4x Developers to join their team on initial 6 month contracts.
The Project; modernising one of our client's websites which is due to be completed by summer 2017.
The team is based in the UK and India. Most of their developers are in India currently so they are keen to secure a presence in the UK.
- 8 years'+ experience in Java (Java 7/8 is preferred)
- Building & designing robust API services (software house background desirable)
- Standards - REST, JSON, Web Semantics, XML/XSD (nice to have), OAUTH2 or SAML (desirable), SOAP (nice to have)
- Technical frameworks - Spring v.4, core frameworks, Apache CXF - JAX-RS (highly desirable), Apache Camel (highly desirable)
- Overarching design - Microservice (aka Sam Newman), Domain Driven Design, CQRS, Event Driven Messaging, 12 Factor Apps
- Approach - Test Driven Development / Continuous Integration, agile (scaled SCRUM), SOLID practices, API management, awareness of Web security (OWASP)
- Platforms - RHEL 6.x, JBoss EAP 6.x, Exposure to Splunk or Logstash (desirable), MySQL/ORACLE SQL, Apache httpd
- Tooling - SVN, Eclipse (or JBoss Developer Studio), Maven (checkstyle, cobertura)
- Soft skills - collaborative, team orientated, quick to learn, engineering pride
Candidates should submit their CV in the first instance.