IT School Support Engineers x 2 - Harlow or Whitechapel - Essential Enhanced DBS / CRB
Our client, a leading provider of IT Professionals to the Education sector has an exciting opportunity for an IT Support Engineer to provide1st/2nd line IT support to schools in the Harlow and Whitechapel areas.
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENT- DUE TO THE NATURE OF THE ROLE, CANDIDATES ARE REQUIRED TO POSSES CURRENT ENHANCED DBS/ CRB CLEARANCE
In this role the engineer will be predominantly based at one school site working alongside a more experienced engineer but will be occasionally required to travel to attend team meetings and provide additional support at other local sites. The Engineers and the school will benefit from the additional support of a wider regional team as well as the clients award-winning remote technical service desks.
The role is very autonomous with a focus on providing broad 1st/ 2nd line technical problem solving/network management as well as building strong relationships with the school leadership and teaching staff and ensuring contractual compliance against KPI's and SLAs.
This is a varied IT support role in a very rewarding environment that requires the building of strong relationships with the school staff. If you're an IT Support Engineer with broad technical and problem solving skills, are a great communicator with a proactive attitude and ultimately get a real buzz out of going the extra mile for customers, this is the role for you.
- 1st /2nd line IT support & implementation experience including MS Server 2008/2012/7/8/10, AD, Group policies, DNS, DHCP, network infrastructure, VMware, Citrix, Apple, CC4, switches etc, ideally within a customer-focused environment
- Strong problem solving abilities. Excellent communication, customer handling and inter-personal skills
- Strong planning, organising and prioritising abilities. Target focused. Flexible to cope with change, be proactive and adapt quickly to a developing type of service delivery
- Prior school ICT support experience may be useful, but isn't critical.
- Flexible to visit other schools across London & South East as and when required
- Candidates are required to possess current enhanced DBS/ CRB Clearance and aplicants who hold this clearance will be given priority.