IT Project Manager (Azure, Agile)
IT Project Manager (Aure, Agile) required to join a leading Insurance company based in Guildford. This is a contract position with an initial duration of 3 months and a daily circa of £650 - £690 per day.
An experienced Contract Project Manager is wanted for work in the clients Commercial Lines division. The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering one, or more, workstreams on the AZure Programme.
- Responsible for day-to-day management of a workstream on the AZure Programme
- Responsible for maximising the workstream's day-to-day productivity so that overall Programme momentum and success is maintained throughout
- Responsible for meeting designated project and programme milestones aligned to ensure the Programme achieves its delivery timescales and goals
- Responsible for ensuring the workstream portfolio is properly integrated into the Programme's PMO function.
- Responsible for ensuring the workstream adheres to the Programme's Management Plan and Quality Assurance objectives and targets
- Responsible for properly planning, and anticipating, project resource requirements (workstream and Business) so the Programme can achieve its delivery timescales and goals
- Responsible for workstream risk mitigation and, if required, programme escalation
- Responsible for workstream issue management and, if required, programme escalation
- Responsible for all reporting and communication required for the workstream
- Responsible for managing, leading and motivating the workstream delivery team/s on a day-to-day basis
- Responsible for effective stakeholder management
- Familiarity with Agile and Iterative delivery methodologies
- MS Project
- Prince 2
- Experience in delivering transformational change for a Blue Chip organisation in the Commercial Insurance industry for the Commercial Insurance sector
- Experience in working co-operatively and collaboratively with development teams on-shore and off-shore
- Hands on experience operating in a Programme delivery setting and managing internal and external dependencies
- Experience working on iterative and Agile projects
- Ability to operate in a Programme team
- Comfortable handling the uncertainty inherent in a Programme delivery environment
- Focus on producing a quality product within tight deadlines
- Organised and detail conscious
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Focus on a risk based approach to quality assurance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-sufficient but also a team player who is quick to build effective working relationships and lead a team
- Proactive with an organised and methodical approach, operating with pace, enthusiasm and creativity
- Able to effectively challenge, negotiate and influence
- Strong stakeholder management experience
If this opportunity is of interest to you please submit your CV in the first instance.