IT Support Engineer - South Staffordshire / WFH
Microsoft Office 365, Windows Server (2012 - 2019), MS Azure, MS Intune, Hyper-V, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, GPO and RDS including Azure AD, Networking, DNS/DHCP/TCP/IP/VLAN, Wi-Fi, IT Security, Azure, VMware (setup, maintain and troubleshoot), Backup Solutions, OS deployment Microsoft Intune, MSP experience - ConnectWise / SD Tool, IPCCTV.
Location is South Staffordshire HQ with flexibility for WFH and/or Office Based Option
to £30,000pa + Pension + 30 Days Holiday + Rewards Scheme
Permanent Role | Full time 8:30am to 5:30pm + O/T & Out of Hours Pay | Pool Vehicle Use | Annual Salary Review
This Experis IT client are an award-winning MSP with offices in South Staffordshire and the North West (Cheshire) who deliver world class IT Service Desk Support, IT Engineering and IT Consulting Services to a wide range of business sectors.
PLEASE NOTE: This role is a hands-on IT Engineering role with a bias toward "IT Project Work" and could potentially include some Technical Pre-Sales responsibilities going forward.
This post is a WFH role with some office-based work necessary, however the role will also include travel due to IT Project Engineering works required on client sites.
They are urgently seeking an enthusiastic, self-motivated and skilled IT Professional Services Engineer to join their growing IT Projects Team that are a key element interfacing with the customers for their on-site / off-site Technical Support and IT Projects
This role will require you to take an active role in the clients Professional Services Team, ensuring that IT services are delivered to an agreed standard and to Service & Operational Level Agreements (SLA's & OLA's).
You will also be required to ensure that IT Projects are completed on time, within budget and that all project objectives are met. Ensure that everyone involved in a project is fulfilling their role so that the most efficient resources are used effectively and the customers' requirements are met.
The Technical skills required:
- Microsoft/Office 365
- Windows Server (2012 - 2019 and Hyper-V)
- Proficient with Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, GPO and RDS including Azure AD
- OS deployment mechanisms - Including Microsoft Intune
- Previous MSP experience - ConnectWise / SD tool exp
- Proven experience in Azure and VMware with the ability to setup, maintain and troubleshoot servers
- Backup solutions
- Networking - Including DNS/DHCP/TCP/IP/VLAN and wireless tech
Your Duties will include:
- Working with Partner Consultants on Technical Presales i.e. Technical Assessment of sales opportunities and capturing customer requirements to scope out solutions
- Attending site surveys for Project scoping such as new office setups & wireless surveys
- Assist with resource allocation for Project Engineering work
- Agreeing on Project timescales with the client and Partner Consultants, setting the expectations etc
- Acting as Project lead for Engineering work of a wide scope such as Networking, Azure, SharePoint and Server migrations
- Assist with the Project Management on agreed internal and customer Projects, writing up a scope of works, completing PPD's, setting milestones and phases up in ConnectWise, liaising with contractors etc
- Attending client meetings before, during and after the Project implementation
- On-boarding of new clients via the Professional Services team and providing hand-over to the Service Desk
- Progression and completion of all Professional Services tickets
- Completion of Installation based tickets such as Installation & Configuration of Laptops/PCs & Mini-Projects
- Backfill Service Delivery, both Remotely and Onsite when required.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Previous experience in an MSP-related IT support role (or equivalent)
- Dynamic and flexible 'can-do' attitude
- Ability to work under pressure and a fast pace environment
- Clean Full UK Driving License with regular access to own transportation (essential)
Take this opportunity to rise above your peers and call Experis IT today!