IT Procurement Category Manager
£40,000 - £50,000 + Benefits
Portsmouth - PO6
We are looking to recruit an IT Procurement Category Manger for a new role to work as part of a large procurement team within a FTSE100 engineering organisation based at their regional headquarters in Portsmouth - PO6
The organisation is a market leading engineering support services business that employs over 30,000 people in the UK and internationally. The role is to create and support the development of Purchasing/Category/Supplier strategies within IT that will provide a structured approach to managing spend that will identify savings opportunities whilst supporting the current and future needs of the business. This role will be responsible for delivering a procurement strategy focusing on primarily on the IT Hardware category.
What you'll be doing?
- Creation of new /refinement of existing sourcing strategies focusing on hardware procurement
- Developing and maintaining an ongoing pipeline of savings opportunities
- Formulating Hardware specific procurement policies and lead implementation
- Managing all aspects of the hardware category including both sourcing and supplier management activities
- Executing sourcing strategies by working with key stakeholders to develop supplier evaluation and selection criteria
- Leading the negotiation with suppliers, working closely with technical, commercial and legal support.
- Procuring goods and services on behalf of the stakeholders ensuring best value is obtained
- Negotiating improved terms and conditions where possible to enhance the purchasing benefits with suppliers
- Liaise with Procurement Function across the Group to assess synergy's and support any synergy initiatives
- Provide guidance and support to the business to ensure a smooth and efficient purchase, invoicing payment process
What skills /experience profile would this role suit?
- Able to demonstrate a proven track record in developing and executing success procurement strategies
- Experience in sourcing, contract negotiation and building good supplier relationships
- Strong contract negotiator with a good appreciation of commercial law
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and results driven team environment
- Experience in a procurement environment, desirably within an IT category although other category experience also considered
- Competent in carrying out all aspects of Purchasing lifecycle
- CIPS Qualified or working towards
- Ability to gain and hold MOD SC Security clearance
What's on Offer?
- Starting salary £40,000 - £50,000
- Full time permanent position
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Flexible working hours
- Contribution Pension Scheme
- Share Save Scheme
- The opportunity to build a successful career within a FTE100 organisation with good excellent career development opportunities