My client are a fast growing, innovative technology company with a start up environment looking for an IT Manager with a background in Software Development/ Management to take control of their operations during a time of massive growth.
The product they work with is revolutionary and experiencing huge growth in the market, the company themselves have more than doubled in size over the last 18 months.
They are looking for an IT Manager with a Software Development background to build out the IT function, be involved in the recruitment process and drive the company forward.
The IT manager will include the following:
- Managing information technology and computer systems
- Controlling and evaluating IT and electronic data operations
- Managing IT staff
The role will report to the Chief Operating Officer and located within the Halesowen offices
We are looking for an IT manager to be responsible and accountable for the smooth running of our computer systems within the limits of requirements, specifications, costs and timelines. You will supervise the implementation and maintenance of our company's computing needs.
The successful candidate will have improved skills, a proven professional experience and a detailed knowledge of industry's best practice processes.
- Manage information technology and computer systems
- Plan, organize, control and evaluate IT and electronic data operations
- Manage IT staff by recruiting, training and coaching employees, communicating job expectations and appraising their performance
- Design, develop, implement and coordinate systems, policies and procedures
- Ensure security of data, network access and backup systems
- Act in alignment with user needs and system functionality to contribute to organizational policy
- Identify problematic areas and implement strategic solutions in time
- Audit systems and assess their outcomes
- Preserve assets, information security and control structures
- Work with chosen 3rd party suppliers to ensure the smooth running of all operational systems and that system developments / improvements are delivered within agreed timescales
- Handle annual budget and ensure cost effectiveness
- Proven working experience as an IT manager or relevant experience
- Excellent knowledge of technical management, information analysis and of computer hardware/software systems
- Expertise in data centre management and data governance
- Hands-on experience with computer networks, network administration and network installation
- Ability to manage personnel BS in Computer Science, MIS or similar field