Infrastructure Manager (Hands On) - Castle Donington - Hybrid Working - £50,000 - £55,000 + excellent benefits
Technologies you will work with
Windows Server, Azure Cloud, SolarWinds, SCOM, MECM, Hyper-V, RDS Veeam/ArcServe, Exchange 2016, Exchange Online M365, Endpoint Protection, Netapp, Powershell, Azure AD
Exposure will be given to
ISO27001 principles, Cisco Firewalls and SSL VPN, Meraki AP's, FW's, and Switches, WLAN management and configuration, Cisco UCS Flexpod, SQL server management
So what will I be doing?
On behalf of a leading organisation based near Castle Donington you will work as a hands on Infrastructure Manager that is able to lead by example and technically challenge their team of 4. This is a 70/30 split in favour of technical and you will be responsible for contributing to the delivery of the group IT strategy.
Currently they the early stages of moving from an central on premise environment to a fully decentralized Azure/AWS cloud based environment.
As such there is a huge amount of potential within this position to learn, grow and develop both personally but also a team of skilled Infrastructure Engineers as the roadmap progresses.
With input from the Technical Architecture team you will be responsible for creating and delivering the infrastructure roadmap. This role combines both Project Work & BAU.
Technical Skills we would like
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Managing a Technical Support ticket-based workload
- Proven and relevant working experience in a Senior Infrastructure or similar role.
- Management of Windows Server Servers in a large-scale environment
- Management of network infrastructure in a multi-data centre environment
- Implementing Infrastructure management best practices for both on-premise and Cloud
- Infrastructure monitoring and alerting experience using either SolarWinds or SCOM
- Excellent knowledge of, and experience of, server virtualisation platforms (Hyper-V and VMWare)
- Implementing security and patching best practices across a wide on-premise and cloud environment using Microsoft
- Good working knowledge of :
- Microsoft application and desktop delivery solutions (RDS)
- Server backup tools & methodology (Veeam or ArcServe)
- Microsoft Exchange (Exchange 2016 and Exchange Online)
- E-mail, Web and endpoint protection systems and Anti-Virus
- Data Centre infrastructure and best practice.
- Storage systems, DAS, NAS and SAN (NetApp)
- Strong team working and mentoring skills with experience in successfully leading a team of people in an IT operational capacity (or aspiring to do so)
- Capable of working closely with 3rd party vendors to ensure you get the most out of their offering.
- Microsoft Technical Training and Certification (MSCE or MCITP paths)
- ITIL framework knowledge or qualification(s)
Technical Skills that would be great to have (but not essential)
- Knowledge of IT Security Principles (ISO27001 InfoSec or other).
- Good working knowledge of:-
- Cisco Firewalls and SSL VPN (or other)
- Meraki AP's, FW's, and Switches
- WLAN management and configuration
- Cisco UCS Flexpod
- SQL server management
- Cisco (or other network) training or certification.
- Management and administration of a Cloud environment (ideally Azure)
- IP Telephony knowledge (Mitel, Cisco, Avaya, or Siemens)
- Experience in automation and PowerShell scripting
- Experience of warehouse systems and environments
- Understanding of PRINCE2 (other other) project methodology.
The opportunity to be involved in something big is what sets this role apart. Elevating yourself from a technical lead to a technical manager and beyond while getting the chance to deliver the latest tech stacks
Apply now for immediate consideration.