Ford needs exceptional graduates to join their IT team. This is your opportunity to become a member of our professional IT community, working for one of the country’s leading provider of automotive goods and services.
About the Graduate IT Program
From your first day with us you will be working with IT and business colleagues from all over the world to help build, implement and enhance IT solutions at Ford. You will progress through on-the-job placements, which could be in either Ford Motor Company or Ford Credit Europe, to help you build on the knowledge and skills gained during your degree at University. You will be performing a real role with real responsibilities and your focus is likely to be on one of the following key business areas:
- Business Relationship Management: Business facing teams planning future IT strategy and projects
- Application Development: Developing, enhancing and maintaining IT applications that are at the heart of our global business
- SolutionsSupport: Providing front-line support for our critical IT applications and servicesInfrastructure
- Operations: Planning, building and operating a global IT infrastructure base
- Security: Protecting our vehicles and critical IT systems from security breaches including cyber threats
You will have the opportunity to develop strong leadership and communication skills through interaction with global teams, you can expect to develop your problem solving skills finding and implementing innovative solutions to our hardware / software environments as well as business processes.
Throughout your graduate career and beyond, certain roles will develop specific technical skills and others will focus on key leadership competencies, such as Project Management. This will involve exciting opportunities to contribute at an international level across our global organisation.
IT is a global team, so you may have the opportunity to travel to any Ford location worldwide. However, our main UK locations where you will be based are in Warley, Dunton, and Dagenham in South East Essex.
What’s in it for you?
As a Ford Graduate you’ll receive a competitive salary with the opportunity to increase your earnings as you move up through the organisation, but that’s only the beginning. You’ll also be eligible for a pension package, 26 days holiday each year plus bank holidays, an annual holiday bonus payment, discounted rate on three car purchases every nine months for you and members of your family and on-site gyms at most Ford locations.
Our people are our most valuable asset and investing in this talent is important to us. At Ford you’ll find a variety of learning programmes available to help support your future development as we believe in recognising and nurturing your qualities and giving you the support you need to grow professionally.
Who we’re looking for
To be part of our future, we’re looking for a few key qualities. Ideal candidates will have a minimum 2:2 degree in any subject but preferably in IT or an IT/business discipline. You’ll also demonstrate the following skills:
- effective interpersonal skills and a strong team working ethos
- an ability to communicate clearly in writing, over the phone, using social media and face-to-face
- to be highly motivated and have a pro-active approach from day one
- an innovative flair and ability to creatively problem-solve
- a strong customer focus
If you’re looking to “Go Further” with Ford we’d love to hear from you, apply here today!