IT Engineer - 1st Line - Server & Storage Team
Birmingham, West Midlands
Windows Servers 2003, 2008, 2012, Virtualisation, IT Operations, Reporting & IT Administration
£18,000 to £22,000 + Bonus + Training & Development + Benefits
The client are an established IT Services and IT Solutions organisation who are actively seeking a career minded, professional, ethical and confident person to secure their vacancy for Junior - 1st Line IT Engineer.
The company are global with their UK IT HQ in West Bromwich and they are experiencing growth with an expanding client base and offer an ethical, supportive and progressive culture for their employees.
Now, heading towards in 2017 they are in an exceptionally strong position and seek to expand further into new technologies and service offerings and require a career minded Junior IT Engineer.
Based at their West Bromwich IT HQ, you will report to the Hosting & Storage Services Manager and coexisting as part of the Server Team, you be responsible for 1st Line Server Support, 1st Line Operations, IT Administration, Reporting, Documentation and Problem Escalation for a large Windows Server estate (1000+ physical & virtual).
Key Technical Skills you will require are:
- Previous experience in a 1st Line Technical Support role
- Knowledge of Windows Server Genealogy - 2003 / 2008 / 2012
- Understanding of Storage Systems
- Understanding of Virtualisation
- High-level Microsoft Office expertise
- ITIL Processes
Prerequisites are a calm and methodical approach to you work, a strong service ethic and a client is king attitude along with a natural willingness to help your group and customers.
Attitude is everything!!
And as a Person - You will have:
- An exceptional customer service skill dealing from Directors to Support staff.
- Excellent team working skills and relationship skills with users and colleagues
- Emphasis always on the customer to ensure they receive an exceptional level of service.
- Self-motivated and has a positive attitude.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- A high level of general education
- Microsoft certifications will be highly advantageous
Should you have the experience, enthusiasm, motivation and attitude to rise above your peers and secure this role, my client will offer you a solid, steady and enviable career path including an excellent salary package.