Working within the organisations Managed Services team the Support Engineer is vital to the success of our Managed Service business. In this role the engineer will be predominantly based at one school site but will be occasionally required to travel to attend team meetings and provide additional support at other local sites.
The role is very autonomous with a focus on providing broad 1st/ 2nd line technical problem solving/network management as well as building strong relationships with the school leadership and teaching staff and ensuring contractual compliance against KPI's and SLAs.
In additional to your technical work you will provide advice and coaching to our customers to ensure that they feel confident and comfortable using the IT resources available, putting them to their best use to deliver fantastic teaching & learning experiences for them and their students.
This is a varied IT support role in a very rewarding environment that requires the building of strong relationships with the school staff. If you're an IT Support Engineer with broad technical and problem solving skills, are a great communicator with a proactive attitude and ultimately get a real buzz out of going the extra mile for customers, this is the role for you.
Essential Skills & Experience
- 1st /2nd line IT support & implementation experience including MS Server 2008/2012/XP/7/8, AD, Group policies, DNS, DHCP, network infrastructure, VMware, Citrix, Apple, CC4, switches etc, within a customer-focused environment
- Strong problem solving abilities. Excellent communication, customer handling and inter-personal skills
- Strong planning, organising and prioritising abilities. Target focused. Flexible to cope with change, be proactive and adapt quickly to a developing type of service delivery
- Flexible to visit other schools within the region as and when required
Desirable skills & Experience
- Prior school IT support experience as a senior technician or a 'hands-on' Network Manager may be useful, but isn't critical.
Why you should consider this role
- A chance to work in one of the UK's leading employers (*awarded 'Britain's Top IT Employer' in 2009, 2010 & 2012 and certified as a Top Employer UK category in 2013, 2014,2015 & 2016)
- Work with a very broad and constantly evolving array of ICT
- Working within the education IT sector is highly stimulating and hugely rewarding
- Exceptional career development and advancement opportunities
- The role has a high degree of autonomy and combines broad technical exposure as well as the opportunity to develop client relationship management
The position is based in Camden / Islington
Up to £26,000 with excellent benefits
If you are interested please apply or would like to hear more please call me on 01619243659