The primary purpose of the IT Cost Management team is to govern all third party IT spend for HOST Technology (c$3bn) including managing and continuously improving the Cost Management processes. This role will include working with the GBGF IT CIOs, COOs and supporting teams to optimise IT's utilisation of third-party hardware, software, resources, and associated IT services (including non-permanent workforce) to maximise value and cost savings to HSBC.
In this role, there will be specific responsibility for managing the contract lifecycle from an IT perspective for a number of specific contracts, including evaluating renewals of contracts ahead of time, challenging demand / requirements and working collaboratively with technical teams and procurement to obtain an optimal commercial deal. Maintaining the IT contracts calendar for the relevant IT teams including correct articulation of the financial P&L profiles, owning the renewal trigger points and driving subsequent actions will be essential. Furthermore support will be provided to each area to assist working towards a complete zero-based budgeting approach.
This role will have a specific focus on SDWAN so an understanding of Wide Area Networking / SDWAN technologies would be advantageous. Engagement & management of stakeholders is key (Head of Telecommunications, SDWAN program lead, Network Endpoint Connectivity Platform lead, Head of Business Management). Experience in commercial modelling and vendor negotiation is essential.
- The role is for a senior leader with an in-depth understanding of the IT global operating model
- Expert knowledge required on IT suppliers and contracts including an understanding of technical platforms and IT Vendor Management policy.
- The role is the owner globally for contract and cost knowledge in assigned IT area.
- Must be able to make decisions quickly using judgment based on variable quality information
- High caliber communication and influencing skills - the role requires relationship management, participation and influence in all partnership relationship with senior leaders of other partner functions across IT
Knowlege & Experience
- Typically educated to undergraduate degree level.
- Experience and proven track record in vendor, cost and commercial management including cost reduction / optimisation programmes
- Expert knowledge on IT Infrastructure technical platforms / technologies, execution of IT vendor management policies
- Good understanding of the IT global delivery model and future roadmap
- Strong leadership and management skills together with the ability to motivate staff from a variety of backgrounds
- Ability to work in a multi geography, culturally diverse and time-zone separated management role
- Good communications skills and ability to motivate and communicate at all levels of the organization
- Analytical with the ability to understand and resolve problems