Internal Communications Manager- £42,000 - £50,000 + benefits - FTSE 100 Organisation
I am recruiting on behalf of a FTSE 100 Engineering Organization and a true market leader within engineering support services. This particular role functions within their critical services division, supporting key engineering works on major contracts with airports, fleet management and engineering design.
The successful Internal Communications Manager is to develop and implement an internal communications strategy for the Critical Services business unit. Improving communication across the business and enhance employee engagement.
Main Purpose of Role
- Identify the desired deliverables for internal communications.
- Develop a stakeholder map and effective two-way communication channels.
- Communicate the business strategy and vision to promote employee engagement.
- Manage, develop and optimise the business unit intranet.
- Promote effective communication between the different countries in which the business unit operates, to encourage engagement and understanding of Babcock and its values.
- Develop a consistent and recognisable branded style and approach for all internal communications.
- Write, edit and communicate internal messages.
- Manage internal communication material including the business unit newsletter.
- Work with the MD to develop, organise and run the business unit conference.
- Liaise with internal communications colleagues across the Group to share best practice and identify opportunities for improvement and collaboration.
- Support internal communications within the Critical Services business streams and develop standard internal communication templates that can be utilised by each business stream.
- Promote awareness within the business unit of key activities and news from across the Group.
- Produce copy and presentations for CS Exec Team.
- Deliver effective communications on change projects, such as business integration through restructure, TUPE or acquisition.
- Promote corporate social responsibility activities across the business unit.
- Influence internal communications across the Support Services Division and Group.
- Any other duties as may reasonably be required.
- Significant experience in an internal communications role within a medium sized/large and complex multi-site business.
- Experience of developing and implementing internal communications strategies.
- Track record of delivering effective internal communications and improving employee engagement.
- Experience of developing and managing an intranet would be an advantage.
- Experience of working in an international environment would be an advantage.
- Experience of working in an environment where not all employees regularly use a computer would be an advantage.
- Excellent copywriting and communications material production skills
- Ability to communicate with high impact.
- Drives for results.
- Drives innovation and change.
- Skilled influencer.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective internal relationships.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direct management, within company policy.
- Strong organisational and project management skills.
- Ability to develop innovative solutions to problems and maximise opportunities.
- Able to identify and deliver against the needs of multiple stakeholders.
- Able to draw upon diverse resources to deliver objectives.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a market leading organisation at a senior level and make a notable difference to the Internal Communications function. If you are a high calibre, career focused professional and would like to know more, please get in touch for a confidential discussion. or 0117 9309 726