Interim Commissioning Manager - Development
Holborn - Central London
Overall job purpose:
To work with the debt advice team to develop the framework for delivery of the commissioning programme.
- To define and develop policies and processes that will effectively deliver the commissioning programme in line with client needs. In particular work with relevant MAS sectors to ensure efficient and effective
- Governance and sign off arrangements
- Procurement processes
- Effective and clear specifications (core model)
- Effective, clear, consistent contract / grant documentation
- Clear understanding, policy and practice in relation to TUPE.
- Clarity on our position on risk transfer
- To identify and assess models of service delivery and to provide clear advice and guidance on the circumstances in which they are best used. Including the use of grants and contract.
- Establish the principles and practices to be used in the co-designing of services as the commissioning programme is rolled out.
- The assessment existing agreements to identify what should be retained, improved or omitted.
- Review and advise on financial models of delivery, accountability and payment including those that are used by lead organisations with their participants.
- Assess the provider market place and make recommendations on how best to establish a healthy balanced environment.
Identify and incorporate best practice.
- Resolving any issues over performance by delivery partners.
- Assisting in the development of an innovative and customer-focussed approach to continuous service development and improvement that responds to customer needs.
- Promoting and representing the Service to external partners.
- Producing MI and reports as necessary
- Nurture effective working relationships with existing and prospective providers.
- Contributing to cross-team project work and knowledge sharing.
- Extensive experience of working with stakeholders and developing co-designed solutions
- Management of contracts / agreements involving sub contracts / agreements
- Development of strategic commissioning programmes over a large geographical area.
- Ability to analyse complex data, draw insight conclusions, produce reports and make recommendations.
- Expertise in managing operational services and contracts with proven expertise in service delivery (client or supplier side) including rectifying performance shortfalls.
- Relationship management and customer service skills.
- Solid working knowledge of budget management, target setting and performance indicators.
- Understanding of quality assurance techniques, continuous improvement and process development and a track record of delivering business improvement.
- Ability to build relationships quickly and effectively with colleagues and 3rd party providers.
- Strong prioritisation and planning skills.
- Strong IT and MS Office (especially Excel) skills.
- Review and development of commissioning processes and policies (whole life cycle).
- Market development and encourage capacity building within a sector.
- Understanding of the Debt Advice landscape.
- Six Sigma
- Systems thinking