Integration testing, Python, Manual testing, Broadcast, Agile
Fantastic Opportunity for an experienced Integration Test Engineer to join one of the world's leading Media and Broadcast giants.
The duration of the contract is for a 6 months, located over in Osterley, West London.
As a member of the test automation team you will play a key role in various broadcast project deliveries. Although part of the automation team, this is primarily a manual test role. You will be required to write test plans and execute both manual and automated functional and non-functional test cases.
- To plan, prioritise and organise workload in conjunction with the Test Automation Manager and Integration and Test Lead to agreed standards.
- To work in a collaborative team, dealing with a wide range of stakeholders including other test professionals, software engineers, systems engineers and project managers.
- To define and execute test activities either independently or under direction of more senior test professionals.
- To write test plans and associated test cases.
- Functional and non-functional test case execution.
- To provide timely and accurate reports of current issues and future requirements to the Test Automation Manager.
- To contribute to the continuous improvement of operating processes and procedures.
- To gain domain knowledge of our broadcast platforms.
The environments under test are complex and comprised of diverse technologies and therefore it is essential that you are comfortable switching between technologies.
Experience and Skills:
- Experience within a software development team and understanding of the complete development lifecycle.
- Experience of using tools for test case management, defect management etc.
- Fast problem solving capabilities.
- The ability to write concise and accurate technical documentation.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Have a good appreciation of testing and its different categories
- Scripting experience e.g. Python
- Attention to Detail
- A self-motivated, pro-active and organised individual with proven ability to interact effectively at all levels within a large industry.
- Enthusiastic, "Can do" flexible attitude
- Willingness to share technical expertise with team members in problem solving and resolution.
- The ability to write concise and accurate technical test documentation
- Understanding of client server technology
- Familiar with UNIX/LINUX command line functions.
- Use of a range of Test Tools to drive testing at all levels (Unit, Component, Integration, End to End, Performance)
- Familiarity with basic Windows OS
- Experience of Video Stream Analysis
Desirable Industry Experience:
- HP Quality Centre
- Quick Test Pro (QTP)
- Automated test execution
- IP Networking
- Broadcast experience
Suitable candidates should submit their CV in the first instance.