Integration Test Engineer / Manual Tester / Automation Testing, SQL, XML, SOAP, UNIX
Fantastic Opportunity for an experienced Integration Test Engineer to join one of the world's leading Media and Broadcast giants.
The duration of the contract is for a 6 months, located over in Osterley, West London.
As a member of the Integration and Test Department, you will play a key role in delivering integration and test projects on the clients platforms, helping shape their test strategy and driving the department to becoming a test centre of excellence.
- Gain domain knowledge of our platforms;
- Review software requirements and technical documentation;
- Write test plans and develop associated test cases;
- Participate in environment data setup activities;
- Execute both manual and automated functional and non-functional test cases;
- Utilise in-house test tools to drive testing at all levels (e.g. Integration, End to End, Performance);
- Use Quality Centre effectively for test planning, defect logging and defect reporting;
- Plan, prioritise and organise workload in conjunction with the Test Manager or Test Lead;
- Provide timely and accurate reports of current issues and future requirements to the Test Manager or Senior Test Lead;
- Build excellent relationships with your manager, peers and stakeholders (including other test professionals, software engineers, systems engineers and project managers);
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of operating processes and procedures.
The environments under test are complex and comprised of diverse technologies and therefore it is essential that you are comfortable switching between technologies.
Experience and Skills:
- Experience within a software development environment and understanding of the complete development lifecycle.
- Experience of using tools for test case development, data analysis, defect management etc.
- Proven experience of working with enterprise scale distributed systems and their architectures.
- Fast problem solving capabilities.
- The ability to write concise and accurate technical documentation.
- Excellent communication skills in order to analyse and effectively disseminate information in a clear and concise manner.
- Excellent attention to detail
- A self-motivated, pro-active and organised individual with proven ability to interact effectively at all levels within a large industry
- Knowledge of Internet standards and web-serving technologies.
- Foundation Level ISEB/ISTQB Certification.
- The ability to write concise and accurate technical test documentation.
- SQL and Oracle relational database models.
- XML, SOAP.
- Understanding of client server technology.
- Familiarity with UNIX/LINUX command line functions.
- Use of a range of Test Tools to drive testing at all levels (Component, Integration, End-to-End).
- Familiarity with basic Windows OS
- HP Quality Centre experience
Desirable Industry Experience:
- Oracle SQL.
- Intermediate/Practitioner/Advanced Level ISTQB/ISEB Testing Certification.
- Familiarity with scripting, including test automation and test tools (especially Python).
- Broadcast experience, esp. Digital Broadcast Satellite Head-end.
- Experience of NDS/Cisco software.
Suitable candidates should submit their CV in the first instance.