Our client, a leading IT Services Provider, is looking for an Integration Technical Lead to join their team.
This is a contract position based in Derby running initially until July 2017.
Due to the nature of the role, candidates must be willing to obtain SC clearance.
The Role & Responsibilities:
- Lead a team of technical leaders, project engineers and support staff, in designing and deploying IT services for the customer
- Technically oversee the delivery of services from business and other eco-system vendors
- Works alongside the Integration Project Manager to plan, schedule and assign tasks to team members
- Reports to the Integration Programme Manager and Programme (Domain) Architect
- Works alongside customers and other vendors in integrated project teams
- Works across the full project lifecycle to support design/configuration, implementation and testing and transition to support of all IT systems
- Responsible for the technical coordination and implementation of the end to end technical solution for a facility (networks, infrastructure, applications and storage)
- Lead supplier technical integration workshops to ensure that all technical aspects of the solution are understood by each supplier
- Leads all technical members (the business and third party suppliers) of a project team delivering infrastructure, networks and applications for office and manufacturing/assembly, shop-floor IT systems to the customer
- Uses structured problem solving and analytical skills and applies a broad and thorough understanding of IT infrastructure and applications covering clients, servers, storage, networks and commercial off-the-shelf applications to resolve implementation issues
- Develops service delivery risk statement documentation for customer review and approval
- Develops Information Assurance documentation for customer review and approval Analyses requirements and supports the creation of estimates for new project quotations.
- Presents project status and clearly articulates issues to customer management
- Travel to customer sites during workshops and implementation as necessary
- Contributes ideas to support continuous improvement of project processes
Knowledge & Skills:
- Can-do attitude and a willingness to learn
- Able to coordinate technical work among third party suppliers
- Self-starter and able to work under minimal supervision
- Excellent written, verbal and presentational communication skills
- Able to confidently interact with client senior executives and explain complex, technical issues in a clear and concise manner
- Broad understanding and experience across infrastructure and applications
- Understanding of server infrastructure design, implementation and integration
- Understanding of networks infrastructure design, implementation and integration
- Understanding of Active Directory (including DNS,DHCP and other infrastructure services) infrastructure design, implementation and integration
- Understanding of commercial off-the-shelf software integration and configuration
- Understanding of RDBMS databases (MS SQL Server and/or Oracle)
- Understanding of the full IT project/product lifecycle
- Awareness of commercial aspects of multi-vendor delivery
Interested candidates should submit their CV in the first instance.