Our client, a leading IT Services company has an exciting opportunity for an Integration Engineer to join their team based in Erskine or Newcastle for an initial 6 month contract
Due to the nature of the role, candidates need to have active SC Clearance or be willing to undergo clearance
5+ years of professional experience and a Bachelor of Arts/Science or equivalent degree in computer science or related area of study; without a degree, three additional years of relevant professional experience (8+ years in total).
- Usually focuses on single customer.
- Small to medium projects involving single discipline and technology.
- Applies experience and subject matter knowledge to solve common and complex business issues within established guidelines and recommends appropriate alternatives.
- Exercises independent judgment within generally defined policies and practices to identify and select a solution.
- Solves diverse and complex problems.
- May seek advice in order to make decisions on complex business issues.
- May act as a team or project leader providing direction to team activities and facilitates information validation and team decision-making process.
- Works with and under the direction of the Project Services Lead Engineer/architect and with customer nominated representatives.
- Provides guidance to employees in lower job levels.
- Provides technical support and input on the application of technology to a defined business segment.
- Demonstrates execution of the clients strategy.
- Able to communicate and present complex issues with assurance and confidence.
- Business Impact
- Responsible for producing part or all of the technical solution to the client, in accordance with an agreed technical design.
- Has sufficient depth and breadth of technical knowledge to be individually responsible for the design and scope of deliverables within a field of expertise.
- Occasionally responsible for providing a detailed technical design for enterprise solutions.
- Understands a broad spectrum of technology in order to provide part or all of a detailed technical design which meets customer requirements.
- Contributes to knowledge tools and communities, and ensures project learnings are documented Knowledge sharing and reuse within practice or profession.
Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrates the use of consulting skills including: questioning, listening, ideas development, permission and rapport, and influencing.
- Ability to conduct/lead oral status/technical interchange meetings with customers on small to medium sized engagements.
- Ability to translate technical details into concise and easy to understand written form. Ability to write relevant components of a proposal document (e.g. answer specific RFP questions). Ability to translate verbal requirements from face to face client meetings into requirements documents, statements of work, and proposals.
- Good understanding of Wintel Server and Desktop operating systems. Holds current Microsoft certifications.
- Good understanding of a specialist technology with relevant certification.
- Demonstrates a good understanding of the deployment, configuration, testing & administration of server OS and hardware.
- Good knowledge of hardware devices - Networking, Storage & Servers and peripherals.
- Good understanding of other infrastructure technologies e.g. virtualisation, clustering
- Good understanding of managing change in a large Enterprise.
- Awareness of ITIL practices and processes.