Do you want to be an integral part of one of the UK's leading Engineering Training organisations for the Royal Navy? Work on cutting edge technology and within the military environment? If so, read on!
An exciting new opportunity for a Communications Operator has arisen, providing high quality training in the Royal Navy's principal engineering training facility in Fareham, Portsmouth. This is an excellent opportunity to join one of the UK's leading Engineering Support Services organisations and train the next generation.
This role offers an opportunity to work collaboratively with Training Designers on leading edge design solutions and weapon engineering principles. It will be directly involved in a transformational programme delivery critical operational training where you will have the opportunity to develop and enable new methods of learning within a classroom and practical application.
The candidate will be experienced in communications operations, together with the management requirements of a warship or submarine.
Ideally the candidate will have learned his/her trade in a seagoing ship and will have recent first-hand knowledge of a range of currently fitted communications systems including the responsibility of the planning and distribution of communications systems at sea.
Candidate will carry out (but not limited to):
* Leading and supporting courses of around 8 to 16 students in the learning and use of Royal Naval Communications Management and Organisation in a military and specifically maritime setting
* Teaching of communications systems management and supporting topics delivered through career course training for Naval students
* All training is delivered through a blend of classroom theory and hands-on application.
* Knowledge of the principles of a selection of the following is desirable: Telecommunications, Networks, BOWMAN and Message Handling.
Successful candidate requirements:
* Consolidated experience as a leading communications operator
* Practical knowledge of a selection of the following equipment (at both operator and system manager level) is desirable: experience of ICS6/FICS (S/M equivalent), small ships (ICS/non ICS), 4KMA, 2QCD, NAMC, TRAMHS, COMSAT (inc. NAISIS, Inmarsat, DVB and fleet broadband). In overall terms a working knowledge of RN Telecommunications and Networks is essential - additionally BOWMAN knowledge would be desirable, but not essential.
* Previous instructional experience (desirable)
* ECDL or equivalent proficiency in using IT (hardware/software) within the workplace
* Will need to go through Certificate in Education Level 4
What's on offer?
* Excellent Training and Lifestyle
* A range of flexible benefits
* Free On-Site Parking
* Subsidised Gym Membership and use of recreational facilities
Successful applicants will be required to obtain UK MOD security clearance and DBS prior to appointment
For further information or a confidential discussion please apply now or call Rebecca Smolinska on 0117 9309 727