Instructor - Vehicle Technology
Defence College of Technical Training REME, Lyneham
We are leading the candidate enrolment for the DCTT project (Defence College of Technical Training) based in Wiltshire.
The DCTT is primarily responsible for the delivery and design of the Army's REME maintainer training in Lyneham and will also provide support to equipment used in training as well as a number of other functions including asset management, administrative support and medical support.
- Ensuring student/trainee development through monitoring, feedback appraisal, discipline and training interventions, ensuring all supporting documentation is maintained and that any student developmental needs or training delays are highlighted and resolved via remedial training and revision as necessary.
- Assist with the technical administration of training and equipment in line with the DCTT EMTC and as directed by the Principle Instructor.
- Provide Subject Matter Expert (SME) input to training design as required.
- Create written and practical assessment for trainees
- Provide coaching and mentoring of students/trainees to ensure maximum benefit from the courses are achieved and high pass rates are maintained.
- Maintain Continuous Personal Development (CPD) portfolio in respect of new technologies and equipment, and new training delivery methodologies.
- Minimum City & Guilds Part 3, NVQ L3 in Automotive Engineering
- Equivalent military qualifications, (Class 1 REME or similar RN/RAF trade)
- Be prepared to work towards completing or have the full DTTT suite of modules with Care of Trainees (CoT) and a Level 4 teaching qualification.
- 5 years trade experience
- BSC Level 1 Working Safely * Either BSC Level 2 Supervising Staff Safely OR IOSH Managing Safely (Training Provided)
- Knowledge of REME trade structure, military environments and equipment desirable but not essential. Both service leavers and civilians encouraged to apply.
Location: MOD Lyneham
Competitive salary and employee benefits package, great team working opportunities and a chance to drive continuous improvement in the training of the British Armed Forces as part of an organisation which already ranks as the very best in the world.
Please apply within for further details!