Infrastructure Asset and Data Technical Specialist
Our Public Sector client are recruiting for an Infrastructure Asset and Data Technical Specialist. The successful candiadate can work from home.
Provide guidance on asset data and information policy, solutions design and implementation, including data architectures, analyses and improvement plans, evaluating pilot solutions, guiding implementation. Support cross-cutting initiatives to improve data management. Focus on spatial data, metadata and linked data, and advising project teams in identifying, shaping and capturing business needs.
The specialist will be provided with a lead contact(s) and expected to work with key groups and individuals including solutions architects, data/IT architects, data analysts and user representatives. There is also a need to work with other project teams on interface mapping and related spatial issues, development and re-use of data services and identification and use of appropriate data standards.
Identify and capture future business needs related to spatial data and information for long-term investment planning and policy development. Identify, pilot and appraise options to surface data quality and implementation issues. Develop methodologies for creating data standards, data transformation, IT tools and capabilities needed to support the solution design.
Key Skills / Experience
- Develop data policy and data standards
- Apply master data management principles in a complex business environment
- Demonstrate good working knowledge of infrastructure asset management
- Demonstrate a good working knowledge of Linked Data and experience of applying appropriate OGC/W3C standards and best practise
- Develop and apply practical solutions for spatial data and information
- Demonstrate experience of developing, running and appraising pilot solutions